Certificate IV in Work Health & Safety
Common Name: Cert IV WHS
The Certificate IV in WHS supersedes the previous Certificate IV in OHS. This qualification reflects the role of individuals who coordinate and maintain the WHS program within an organisation. Individuals would possess a sound theoretical knowledge base and use a range of specialised, technical or managerial competencies to plan, carry out and evaluate their own work and the work of others with safety responsibilities.
Units of Competency
• BSBWHS402 – Assist with compliance with WHS laws
• BSBWHS403 – Contribute to implementing and maintaining WHS consultation and participation processes
• BSBWHS404 – Contribute to WHS hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control
• BSBWHS405 – Contribute to implementing and maintaining WHS management systems
• BSBWHS406 – Assist with responding to incidents
• BSBWHS408 – Assist with effective WHS management of contractors
• BSBWHS410 – Contribute to work-related health and safety measures and initiatives
• BSBRES401 – Analyse and present research information
• BSBMGT403 -Implement continuous improvement
• BSBWHS510 – Contribute to implementing of emergency procedures
Maximum Students: 10-12
There are no prerequisites however, participants will need to have sound literacy/numeracy skills. as well as sound computer skills. No other requirements are needed to enter in Certificate IV in WHS.
Training and assessment is conducted at the South Pacific Employment Institute facility Portion 474, Idubada Road, Idubada, Port Moresby. Upon arrangement, training and courses can be conducted onsite at the premises of industry clients.
Certificate IV in Work Health & Safety is delivered to an Australian standard, and participants will receive a statement with recognition of completion of Australian Units of Competencies.
Duration: 5 Days
Completion of the Certificate IV in WHS combined with suitable experience provides the opportunity to become a supervisor/manager, or trainee manager in organisations within the area of work health and safety.
After completing training in Work Health and Safety, students will be able to work as a health and safety practitioner, responsible for the organisation of the safety and health functions within a workplace.
Individuals determined to inspire others through personal development and a passion to create and develop a safer workplace. Individuals seeking to gain fundamental knowledge, skills and understanding of operating within Safety Systems will find the answers in this qualification. Individuals do not necessarily need to hold Work Health and Safety qualifications, however an interest of previous exposure would be advantageous. This course is suitable for those seeking recognition from friends, family or workplace associates and future employers.